Tuesday, November 4, 2008

My computer clock shows a few minutes after 10pm. NBC has just declared Barack Obama the winner, and our new President Elect. I have been watching/listening to the election results via KPLR/The Beacon online.

Lacy Clay is being interviewed. MO has still not been declared either way. It is an emotional moment, electric. Crowd chanting "Yes we did," after campaign slogan "Yes we can" has been accomplished, at least presumably. Tears flow.

And our new Governor is Jay Nixon, no surprise at all. But he has had an impressive lead. He is giving his acceptance speech, and is overjoyed. Of course, he may not have the other State wide offices in his corner.

My daughter calls to share her excitement.


Huh, the real live John Combest, MO bloggers' best friend, is on camera now. I didn't realize he is that young.

10:19 John McCain is conceding already!! OMG! as an election integrity advocate I would advise him to wait until morning, but I guess it looks that solid. My daughter calls to share her excitement.

"Whatever our differences we are all Americans."

The crowd is a bit contentious over his statement of personal blame for the loss. He is very gracious, the crowd is as polarized as ever. Let's hope that they will see the coming change, which has been the theme of the contest, as a transformation that fits their needs as time progresses.

We still don't know the outcome of the Presidential race in MO. I will be curious to see the final results of the polling compared to the counted votes.

So much for now. I have an appointment tomorrow & have to get some sleep. My daughter is elated, and so am I, although still wondering about some of the state offices.

Well, I do need to mention the 7 hour waits in Velda Village today, and Goeke's comment on TV that the Missourians for Honest Elections were to blame, because they advised people to ask for paper ballots, LOL. Everybody with a brain knows by now that paper is quicker as well as safer. You would think that it would be a no brainer to provide all the polling places in North St. Louis which have a majority of black voters with an adequate number of paper ballots.

Nevermind. The truth will emerge. And the BoEC will be newly appointed by a new governor.

No comments:

Post a Comment