Saturday, December 26, 2009

THE LIFE OF A TURTLE

Sometimes like a turtle I admit

that I retreat into mySelf.

There I might carefully peer out

for a moment before a serious

consequence frightens me removed.

Onlookers devise this an excuse.

This is the subjective recognition

that of all creatures' odd recreation

of entreating and retreating with precision

mine alone can be bested by isolation. . . .


Nonsense. My physical apparatus reconstructs

a need that projects me forward into mud and muck.

Renewing my searching for other like creatures

starts me over in subtleties of misadventures.

When this will ever arrive at a conclusion

opens in my mind's eye as an illusion.

Yet some internal need will likely press me toward

another predicament of pretending to be forward.




--
Our ability to reach unity in diversity will be the beauty and test of our civilization.  
Mohandas Gandhi

No comments:

Post a Comment