Wednesday, September 19, 2012

LASTING EFFECT of drought in Mexico MO <"_?

Oak leaves back of my driveway here are covered with these warty thingamajigs . . . .


 This fruit tree appears to have some sort of berry produce, or small cherry like things, smaller than crabapples on this side of the tree, seen on my walk toward the park.
 This photo is fuzzy, but  the fruit on the left side gives a comparison as to what this tree normally produces, altho' all the apple trees I have seen here have much smaller size fruits than average on any previous year, I am sure.



 Now entering the park I am looking toward a grove of trees that continues on the other side of the road. They are like dead men standing. 



Used to be a gorgeous view from here I would guess.









On the other side of the road, here's a closer view looking up the trunk of one tree. Those little grey thingies are pine cones. I doubt they have much life force left in them at all.

THE ORANGE X OF DOOM

 The total number of these ordinarily "evergreen" trees was about a dozen. Most wood that is harvested ordinarily ought to be seasoned for a year before using as fuel. These trees are a fire danger as they stand here.

Past the back of the nearby high school I am now circling back toward "civilization" again. This is one of my favorite spots in some way because these trees represent the history of the indigenous forest, with a mix of oak and hickory trees. The shagbark hickory in the foreground seems to be healthy; the oaks behind them on this small hillside are not.

Hoping to bring you more information on this sort of devastation in the the near future.

To see the photos in close-ups click on them.

No comments:

Post a Comment